The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Photos
 Albino Stripe Californian Kingsnake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
deadmansfinger Posted - 24/12/2011 : 14:05:03
Picked this guy up this morning. He was handed into a petshop as he was apparently aggressive and they gave him to me but he seems totally fine. He has been named Albert

Really chuffed with him
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
golgarth Posted - 21/01/2013 : 14:06:04
Don't worry about the fasting, it's winter, they are supposed to be asleep ;-)

When it comes to rats, genuinely wouldn't recommend it, I wouldn't even recommend 10 days for an adult with XL mice. A kings food response can make people think they are hungry, they aren't, they're pigs. Fair enough I will give a female coming out of cooling several XL mice every week to ten days, but that is a snake that is about to produce for me and HAS to put weight on in order to produce.

Males are often better kept leaner (please, I say lean, not skinny). From the pics I would say be looks to be the perfect bodyshape for his size, anymore and he will start getting fat.

But, as you say, if you keep an eye out you can work out what is best for your animal, just cautioning with experiences I have seen.

Cool snake for a freebie though :-)
Nicola Posted - 31/12/2012 : 12:56:03
Awe I love Albert! He's just beautiful. I'm glad he's eating again for you. :)
deadmansfinger Posted - 30/12/2012 : 17:18:10
Took first feed since 9th Sept. Glad he's back to normal. He weighed just over 600g so lost about 30g in total during his near 15 week fast.

deadmansfinger Posted - 24/07/2012 : 00:16:37
Shed tonight. He weighed in at 632g and his shed measured 55".
Crazy jj Posted - 20/07/2012 : 20:42:29
Tis a pretty snakie and you were indeed lucky to get him :-) woa I originally came from berkshire.. not that its much to smile about lol no offence but don't like the place Haha.. I could start a rant but image guna be a good girl for once :-)
Crash Posted - 19/07/2012 : 22:13:32
thers nuthing i mean nuthing u see any thing any were near berkshire let me know plese ?
deadmansfinger Posted - 19/07/2012 : 21:38:18
I always feel theres more available down south, I guess the grass is always greener lol Previous owner was just scared of it and did the best thing by handing it into a petshop. Worked out well in the end.

Where in UK are you?
Crash Posted - 19/07/2012 : 21:32:20
wow looks amazing ur so lucky with snakes im guna move up ur way .,but this does make me angry thow when u think snakes like this get discarded the best snakes on this site are the the rale survivours any snake can live in the wild not many can after we neglect them amazing animals
deadmansfinger Posted - 19/07/2012 : 21:21:43
Deep in blue:-

SteGore Posted - 02/05/2012 : 23:26:12
He's awesome.Well done. :)
deadmansfinger Posted - 27/04/2012 : 09:05:24
Thanks I got lucky getting this guy.
germanguy45 Posted - 27/04/2012 : 08:22:24
Wow nice striped albino cali king got there.
deadmansfinger Posted - 20/01/2012 : 22:32:02
Interesting thread. I weigh my snakes regularly so I'll definately keep an eye on him if I do decide to try him on rat weaners. Thanks for the info.
deadmansfinger Posted - 20/01/2012 : 22:23:59
I asked on thecornsnake group on facebook and everyone who answered said yes to feed rat weaners as they contain less fat that XL mice. As they are bigger I'd cut his feeding to every 2 weeks. I'll go check out the obese snake thread on the tcs just now.
Sta~ple Posted - 20/01/2012 : 22:10:33
Have you been on tcs and seen pictures of my morbidly obese corn which was fed on weaners rats? He was 1200g and now he's like 930g and that's taken him 2 years of dieting on 1 med mouse a month. Weaners are probably good for breeding females and people that know what they are kinda doing but my snake was still stacking on weight when I was feeding him 1 weaner every month.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000