The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 Up size or number?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zoe_deal Posted - 22/01/2013 : 22:19:23
Nag was fed 24 hours ago, she had one small mouse. This morning she came out of her hide and started looking around for. I was fiddling around with stuff on my desk (when her viv is) and she struck at my fingers, so one small mouse just isn't enough for her. So my question is, should I up he feeding to two smalls or move her to mediums? She is 155g at last weigh in (no change since last week) and 29 inches.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zoe_deal Posted - 11/02/2013 : 18:37:37
Yeah, I think I'll stick to smalls for the time being. She only had a fluff today to see how things go after the potential regurge 10 days ago.
golgarth Posted - 10/02/2013 : 00:23:57
here are a few pics from two of mine to give you an idea. Both are easy meals for the snakes:

zoe_deal Posted - 03/02/2013 : 16:21:38
As we've had a regurge, I'm going to hold off the mediums for a while.
But yeah, I think she could too.
golgarth Posted - 03/02/2013 : 15:11:34
I'm gonna say that she can take mediums without trying
zoe_deal Posted - 31/01/2013 : 09:24:17
This is the most recent one I have of her, the ruler is 15 inches long

deadmansfinger Posted - 30/01/2013 : 23:18:27
I prefer a larger feed to feeding multiples. My female hypo greyband is around 180g and is on mediums. My kings don't hide away for long after feeding so don't fall for the "I'm out and about feed me" line. Just feed one item that is 1 - 1.5 times the width of your snakes widest part once a week.
golgarth Posted - 30/01/2013 : 20:24:51
I feed my 36" king one large mouse a week if that helps. He isn't fat and would happily, and has, taken two. I don't weigh mine until breeding time, and then it's only the females so unsure of his weight, check the pics in my thread and you can gauge his size from there.
Don't auto assume that an active king is hungry, they are glutenous buggers when they want to be and would happily gorge all day and night given the chance.
Pop a pic up showing his size relative to something we can all gauge from and I can give you a better idea.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000