The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 Regurge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zoe_deal Posted - 31/01/2013 : 10:14:56
I think I just saw nag regurge her food.
Have no idea what caused it as she was fed on Monday afternoon and I first held her this morning, so she has had well over 48hrs to digest.
It looks almost completely digested, if I hadn't seen it come out her mouth I would think it was poo.
She seems completely normal though. How long should I wait to feed her again?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
deadmansfinger Posted - 30/08/2013 : 14:09:02
If she can eat two larges she'll manage an XL and yeh every 2 weeks is fine. She'll move when she's ready :-)
Gaz4short71 Posted - 29/08/2013 : 19:35:12
Thanks Deadmansfinger. I was worried there. I'm new to keeping snakes. She is under 5ft long. would an XL mouse be ok? And only every 2 weeks? She doesn't seem to be moving much since it happened. She will move if I coax her but she is just laying at the back of the tank. Is she just recuperating?

Gaz :)
deadmansfinger Posted - 28/08/2013 : 21:35:10
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz4short71

Hi all. I've recently acquired a female Mexican black king snake off a friend. He had her for 4 years. I fed her as he instructed 2 large dead mice. Fully thawed. This was sunday lunchtime, the same time he has fed her for years. He told me that her po would be dry, chalky and white and brown. This is what I found Monday afternoon. But the reason I'm posting is because today, Wednesday I found another poo. There was a white lump and a few brown smaller lumps. But they were both soft and wet. Is this normal? I had left her as instructed after feeding for more than 24 hours. Do I have a poorly snake? Please help

Sounds totally normal, you should see some of the craps my Mbks do, would make your eyes water from 100 yards
I'd say you should feed her one larger food item such as an XL mouse every 2 weeks rather than 2 large mice.
Gaz4short71 Posted - 28/08/2013 : 18:35:44
Hi all. I've recently acquired a female Mexican black king snake off a friend. He had her for 4 years. I fed her as he instructed 2 large dead mice. Fully thawed. This was sunday lunchtime, the same time he has fed her for years. He told me that her po would be dry, chalky and white and brown. This is what I found Monday afternoon. But the reason I'm posting is because today, Wednesday I found another poo. There was a white lump and a few brown smaller lumps. But they were both soft and wet. Is this normal? I had left her as instructed after feeding for more than 24 hours. Do I have a poorly snake? Please help
amy_90 Posted - 16/02/2013 : 22:23:09
quote:
Originally posted by zoe_deal

She has just pooed (definitely poo as the urates were there too), and is also about to go into blue.
So no blockage or intestinal problems, just a one of crazy thing.

That's good! Glad that it seems to be a one-time thing . They do like to worry you don't they
zoe_deal Posted - 16/02/2013 : 15:29:06
She has just pooed (definitely poo as the urates were there too), and is also about to go into blue.
So no blockage or intestinal problems, just a one of crazy thing.
zoe_deal Posted - 13/02/2013 : 21:40:39
I fed her Monday morning, strike and coil like she hadn't been fed in years as per usual, but just to be safe I'll leave her alone until the weekend. She's been nosing around all day. She did do a poo a couple of days before her meal too, so there is no blockage.
zoe_deal Posted - 11/02/2013 : 15:29:48
Yes! That is exactly what happened. Feeding her today so we'll see how that goes. Not wprried about refusing it, I think she is incapable of not eating food put in front of her :p
amy_90 Posted - 11/02/2013 : 10:34:45
Funnily enough my little snake did something very similar (if not exactly the same) to this two days ago. Not quite sure why as he'd had two days to digest etc and it did look like a poo but i saw it come out of his mouth! And it was also very wet... Strange! He seems perfectly fine in himself though.
deadmansfinger Posted - 07/02/2013 : 19:41:19
Suprised you didn't actually smell it where you are
Auld Baldy Posted - 07/02/2013 : 16:54:00
When will we ever have 'Scratch & Sniff Smell-o-Vision' on the InterWeb?
It would make things so much easier.
zoe_deal Posted - 07/02/2013 : 14:59:54
It didn't smell as bad I think a regurge would have done. And it didn't look as "put together" as the photo above. Yeah, the build up of indigestables makes sense. But having a couple of weeks off wont do her any damage.
Thank for all the help
deadmansfinger Posted - 07/02/2013 : 10:12:43
This is what one of my snakes regurged. The smell is unmistakable:-

nickyff Posted - 06/02/2013 : 02:52:36
um... did the 'regurge' look slightly furry? it may have been a build up- especially as it was 48 hrs after eating- a regurged mouse would happen sooner, and be unmistakable, partly cos of the stink, but laso for the 'meatiness', and not looking like poo..
what nag may have done is simply ejected a build up of indigestables... fur, claws etc that build up in the gut and then periodically get blurted out, a bit like owls do, as pellets, but not as frequent.
i wouldnt worry too much, but in the 'better safe than sorry' mood, would still treat it as if it was a regurge, and let her tummy readjust back to normal before feeding again
zoe_deal Posted - 05/02/2013 : 18:42:16
Yeah, she's not happy about it but I'm not feeding her till next monday, and even then it will be only a fuzz.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000