The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reptile Shows and Meetings
 Meetings and Societies
 York Reptile Night 1st March '09

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gingerpony Posted - 22/02/2009 : 20:59:17
Sunday 1st March 2009, from 6.00pm till 9-10pm ish, at The Locomotive, 4 Watson Street, York, YO24 4BH

All welcome, including supervised children and (obviously) reptiles!

IT'S FREE - just turn up have a chat, have a drink and handle a few snakes. There may be dry goods again from Reptacular and Reptiles-ink.

REMEMBER:
you don't have to bring a snake with you,
you don't have to handle the ones that are there,
you don't have to attend promptly at 6.00pm,
you don't have to stay till the very end,
you don't have to have a drink

Just come along and enjoy
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tizzy Posted - 06/03/2009 : 14:41:35
Yeah we really have to stop expanding the collection now, we worked out the food bill for 10 snakes,5 lizards,2 dogs and the cat is about £35/£40 a week now OUCH!

If we get babies i will be letting everyone know, they can have up to 60 at a time so many homes will be needed.
Kazerella Posted - 06/03/2009 : 12:14:14
They were- but they were goign to be big boas! Might be cute now but in 10 years time when I'm struggling to pay the mortgage because Milky Bar and Bournville are eating me out of house and home, then they wouldn't be too cute
magneticblue Posted - 05/03/2009 : 18:11:34
Kaz you're mean. Milky Bar and Bourneville were gorgeous. (Sorry, couldn't resist stirring it again)
Kazerella Posted - 05/03/2009 : 13:29:23
Lewy wants a big boa, but I've put my foot down. I might let him have one of those though.

We haven't got young kids, but I'd worry about feeding a big boa, especially when you've already got 10 other snakey mouths to feed. It may only be about 4-5 squidlingtons for a large rat, guinea pig or rabbit, but it all adds up. Our food bill for all our pets at the moment is quite a lot already, so don't want the extra big mouth to pay for as well.

As for the Mother-in-law, she's alright with the snakes. It's the Father-in-law that daren't come near the house
Tizzy Posted - 04/03/2009 : 13:05:03
quote:
Originally posted by kazerella

Nice looking boas. Plus the smaller size is a bonus.

Why thank-you Kazarella, hubby really loves big snakes but we dont have the room and coz of having young kids it worrys me. These are a good compromise really. Still a one person job to feed and handle but big enough to keep himself happy and ensure the mother in law wont ever come to visit again
Kazerella Posted - 04/03/2009 : 12:35:49
Nice looking boas. Plus the smaller size is a bonus.
Tizzy Posted - 04/03/2009 : 08:08:11
Yeah sorry i did mean lee, (Matty hasn't been round). She's eating a large Rat in the pics.
lee2308 Posted - 03/03/2009 : 23:35:52
I think tizzy did mean me and i did see them and they look great.Great names,my mother in law is called marlene,btw whats she eating in the first pic.
matty18714 Posted - 03/03/2009 : 20:55:30
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

How big are they at the moment Tiz?

Boycee is about 4 1/2 feet Marleen just over 5 feet, They're fully grown, I though you'd seen them when you came down. They've been together for years but we only got them at christmas. The plan is to bread them but Boycee has only just eaten for the first time in months and marleen took a while so we didn't cool them this year sill you never know they might busy anyway

You mean Lee?
Tizzy Posted - 03/03/2009 : 20:38:35
Some snaps of My Soneran Boas

Marlene

Boycee

Tizzy Posted - 03/03/2009 : 20:28:36
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Boycee is about 4 1/2 feet Marleen just over 5 feet, They're fully grown, I though you'd seen them when you came down. They've been together for years but we only got them at christmas. The plan is to bread them but Boycee has only just eaten for the first time in months and marleen took a while so we didn't cool them this year sill you never know they might busy anyway
Gingerpony Posted - 03/03/2009 : 20:26:04
i think the big boa Pauline brought was called Nicky.................. but i could well be wrong!
and Mart, did you mean Kaz or Oscar??
matty18714 Posted - 03/03/2009 : 20:12:29
lee2308 Posted - 03/03/2009 : 20:04:43
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Liking the boa,would like one but get to big for my liking,can you get pigmy boas

My Soneran boas are dwarfs, the biggest is around 5ft fully grown - i let you know if they make babies!!!!

i will start working on the mrs now then tizzy
magneticblue Posted - 03/03/2009 : 16:24:34
Here are my photos. Couldn't get many as my battery died so some aren't as good as I would have liked but here goes

And the scariest of all

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000