The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 Hardly active

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welshlamb Posted - 03/05/2013 : 14:24:12
Not sure whether this is the norm, but my king snake is hardly active. It spends most her time in her hot hide. Tbh only seen her twice in around 2 weeks. This has only been after feeding.

What size prey do you recommend for a CB11 cali king? The breeder did say she was a problem feeder, but I've had no issues.

Have given her large mouse every 7 days and she's been with us for two weeks. Was thinking about giving 2x large

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Welshlamb Posted - 04/05/2013 : 23:56:25
quote:
Originally posted by amy_90

Usually when they need moving up a size or move them onto multiples they will me more active as they will be looking for food (or that's what mine does anyway) maybe she's just lazy? haha

I think you might be right. She's appearing to be a lazy snake. Never leaves her hide. Unless she's doing it early hours in the morning. I think I will try adding more hiding places.

She has been eating a large mouse fine with no problem. Will weigh her in next few days and update you.
amy_90 Posted - 04/05/2013 : 12:35:29
Usually when they need moving up a size or move them onto multiples they will me more active as they will be looking for food (or that's what mine does anyway) maybe she's just lazy? haha
deadmansfinger Posted - 04/05/2013 : 10:50:02
What weight is she? Even one large mouse seems a lot for a CB11 as my kings that age are on small mice.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000