Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skphew2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2012 :  13:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just jumping over from the corn forum to say hi

Story so far is: after visiting some shops and handling some baby corns/hoggies and kings came home and went to family gathering. Where snakes randomly popped up in convo, and told them our future plans. Long story short in december we will be adopting a adult california King snake from a distant family member whos chidren lost interest in it. We would rather give it a loving home than leave it forgotten, oooh and shes a beauty :)

Cannot wait now. We will still be on here and the king site also for some more help :)

Bad thing is we have to wait till december to get her as she is in scotland and we are down south. Long 5/6 hour drives ahead lol

Sooooooooooooooo but heres a few pics:

cannot wait so excited

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2012 :  13:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome and nice addition you're getting.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Go to Top of Page

Triangulum

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2012 :  13:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum. Lovely snake your getting. Will you be attending Doncaster at all, as we are in Scotland to and attending able as per normal. If the seller is localish, we'd be more then happy to bring him down.

Kind Regards,
Scott

Go to Top of Page

skphew2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2012 :  14:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the very kind offer. We live near london so wont be able to get to the Donny expo

We should have moved into our first home in december (buying first house is sooooo stressful lol) so cannot get her before then.

We are getting her from a family member so will be up there (scotland) before christmas to get her, her viv and all of her other stuff.

Depending on the size I might get her a new viv and equipment and keep her old stuff for a later addition (missus will need to be won over in advance lol)
Go to Top of Page

skphew2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2012 :  15:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First Question yes already lol

Just found out that apparently she escaped in the summer for two weeks into the wild (was found hiding out lloking chubby in a neighbours garden shed) will this mean that she will have a very high chance of mites (do they exist in the UK wild)?? Current owners dont really know what I am going on about

Think I might treat her as if she does when we get her just in case. So its paper towel substrate, luke warm baths and olive oil rubs. With f10 the viv daily, am I correct?

Or worrying over nothing???

Cheers
Sean
Go to Top of Page

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2012 :  21:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say over worrying about nothing. If she had mites from the summer till christmas she'd be crawling with them so you'd see them straight away. If you're really worried treat her with frontline.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Go to Top of Page

skphew2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2012 :  21:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool I have a bad habit of over worrying, you should see me with my aquariums lol

I will give her a once over when we get her hopefully she will be fine :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000