Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  19:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I've not really been on in a while as im on the facebook page a bit more now. But i thought id come and see if anyone has any advice on cheering my little Cecil up!

Hes been rather miserable for about 3 weeks now. At first i thought it was because he was ready to shed but he was miserable way before he was blue... and he has been miserable ever since.

He just hides constantly. But he was not like this before. He's usually very nosey. I used to let him wander out to see me where i now have to go and find him and pluck him out of the viv if i want to see him.

Temps are good. Ive tried moving the furniture about last week incase he was just a bit bored. He has even taken to dragging his dunner under the paper bowl or heat mat now too! I just want my happy Cecil back!

We do have an occasionally noisy cockateal a bit above him so i wondered if he might be weeed off with the noise. Im thinking of moving the bird to see if this helps. His viv isnt lit too well as its in a darkish corner... i am planning to get him a light for the day time.

Sorry it sooooo long... as always. But i wanted to get as much info on as possible. He is about 9 months old.

thanks for reading, any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. :D

Nic x x

0.0.1 California Kingsnake. Cecil
0.1.0 Spider Royal Python. Lexi

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  22:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably just the time of the year, breeding season. Does funny things to them. My male cali goes off his food and my little female cali did the same last year when she was a similar age to yours. I didn't expect it to effect her at that age. As long as temps are good and he's eating or not losing weight don't worry about it.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Edited by - deadmansfinger on 22/04/2013 23:06:04
Go to Top of Page

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  18:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did wonder if it was to do with that bit I also thought he might be too young.... I say he... Might be a girl fr all I know as we never probed him!

Yes temps and dinner is still ok. Bless him. Hope he cheers up soon!!! :) thanks for ur reply deadmansfinger. X

0.0.1 California Kingsnake. Cecil
0.1.0 Spider Royal Python. Lexi

Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  23:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed the same with my cali king. She's doing exactly what you described above. I feel much better after reading this thread.

0.0.1 George - Anerythristic Corn Snake - CB 12
0.1.0 Belle - California King Snake - CB 10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000