Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poley
Snake Mite

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  03:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

So, my 2 year old Florida king is acting a bit erratically. I've only noticed it this last week or so, she seems very agitated and is pushing so hard on the glass I'm afraid she might hurt her neck. =( I realise she sorta IS a neck, but you get my gist. She keeps standing up straight and occasionally falling over with an alarming thud. When I take her out, she's happy as anything, no problem at all, but when she's in her viv she'll recoil if I go near her and she rarely sits in her hide. The only thing I can think of is that I changed her substrate to wood shavings instead of chips, but would that upset her so much? I'll be changing back anyway. Is it silly season for snakes?

Hi, I'm kage, and I like to scare the bejesus out of my owner when he's trying to sleep.

poley
Snake Mite

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  17:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an update, she seems to have discovered that the front window of the viv slides open sideways, and is devoting every minute to trying to push the glass across. She's started to damage the scales on the end of her nose. =( I'm not really sure what's brought on this fervent need to get out of the viv all of a sudden. She's starting to outgrow it (its 2 ft by 1.5ft, she's 4ft now), could that be it?
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2013 :  22:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
could be but snakes in general always try to find a way out and through the glass doors is the easiest. Shed due ?

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000