New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

gui_bovo
Snake Mite

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2014 :  20:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi... I have a king snake. He is 3.5 yrs old.The problems is the last time he ate was 75 days ago.I'm offering him food as usual but he has been rejecting.I tried to open the mice when he reject trying to show him some blood to see if it attracts him...I changed nothing in his dietary, handling and environment.What could it be? Have you ever had some issue like this with your snakes?

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2014 :  21:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi it's just the time of the year (breeding season is March to July roughly) and your snake is at breeding age so don't worry about it, some of mine are off their food too. An adult snake will be fine with no food for a few months, just keep an eye on his weight make sure he doesn't loose too much. You could try enticing him with some smaller meals every other week so you don't waste too much food unless you have another snake to eat it.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Edited by - deadmansfinger on 13/06/2014 21:24:27
Go to Top of Page

gui_bovo
Snake Mite

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2014 :  15:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi...thank so much...I did what you have told me and my snake rejected food antil today. 120 days rejecting food and finally he aet. But i have a question, I agree whit ever thing that you told me, but i'm thinking that i'm from Brazil, the seasons are diferents but even though it worked. Do you think they are roled simply by the original byologic cycle rather than seasons?

Today he ate a little mouse. I think that after he defecates I'll offer him another mouse or can I offer a rat?

Thank for your kind attention!

Go to Top of Page

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2014 :  22:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gui_bovo

but i'm thinking that i'm from Brazil, the seasons are diferents but even though it worked. Do you think they are roled simply by the original byologic cycle rather than seasons?

Yes I think it's an internal thing rather than being determined by where in the world they are kept.

Once my kings get to adult size and are eating XL mice I switch them to small rat weaners.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000