United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  20:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

How big are they at the moment Tiz?

Boycee is about 4 1/2 feet Marleen just over 5 feet, They're fully grown, I though you'd seen them when you came down. They've been together for years but we only got them at christmas. The plan is to bread them but Boycee has only just eaten for the first time in months and marleen took a while so we didn't cool them this year sill you never know they might busy anyway

You mean Lee?

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  23:35:52  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think tizzy did mean me and i did see them and they look great.Great names,my mother in law is called marlene,btw whats she eating in the first pic.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
Egg

68 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah sorry i did mean lee, (Matty hasn't been round). She's eating a large Rat in the pics.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  12:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking boas. Plus the smaller size is a bonus.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
Egg

68 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  13:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kazerella

Nice looking boas. Plus the smaller size is a bonus.

Why thank-you Kazarella, hubby really loves big snakes but we dont have the room and coz of having young kids it worrys me. These are a good compromise really. Still a one person job to feed and handle but big enough to keep himself happy and ensure the mother in law wont ever come to visit again

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  13:29:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lewy wants a big boa, but I've put my foot down. I might let him have one of those though.

We haven't got young kids, but I'd worry about feeding a big boa, especially when you've already got 10 other snakey mouths to feed. It may only be about 4-5 squidlingtons for a large rat, guinea pig or rabbit, but it all adds up. Our food bill for all our pets at the moment is quite a lot already, so don't want the extra big mouth to pay for as well.

As for the Mother-in-law, she's alright with the snakes. It's the Father-in-law that daren't come near the house

Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  18:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kaz you're mean. Milky Bar and Bourneville were gorgeous. (Sorry, couldn't resist stirring it again)

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  12:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were- but they were goign to be big boas! Might be cute now but in 10 years time when I'm struggling to pay the mortgage because Milky Bar and Bournville are eating me out of house and home, then they wouldn't be too cute

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
Egg

68 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  14:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah we really have to stop expanding the collection now, we worked out the food bill for 10 snakes,5 lizards,2 dogs and the cat is about £35/£40 a week now OUCH!

If we get babies i will be letting everyone know, they can have up to 60 at a time so many homes will be needed.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000