Giant African Land Snail babies for sale soon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ravensgirl
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  20:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Achatina Fulica - the easiest and most commonly found species, grows to around 3-4 inches shell length. They can be kept in ventilated rubs, aquariums etc with deep soil to burrow in at around 21 - 25 degrees (room temperature unless you have an extremely cold house in which case a stated heat mat for winter is essential). The tank must be sprayed daily to keep the humidity at around 60-70% (I mist once in the morning and once at night)

They are fantastic pets (if supervised) for children as they don't move fast or bite, handling should be done carefully and with moistened hands care should be taken not to drop them.

They eat lettuce, kale, sweet potato, cucumber, strawberry, tomato and much more fruit and veg (full lists can be found on websites about snails) you can also buy mixs of seeds which I find help them grow faster and much bigger.

These babies are around 4 months old (the older hatchlings) and the recent babies are only a week old as they have just hatched. They can all go to homes whenever but I prefer to grow them on a bit to around 4 months so am just looking to see if anyone is interested and the older hatchlings can go now.

They are hermaphrodites and will breed rapidly if more than one is kept together, eggs can be removed and frozen for 24-48 hrs and then discarded if you don't want babies. They will not reproduce until they are sexually mature which is when they are nearer 8 months old (roughly).

Older grown on hatchlings are £2.50 each or all 3 for £6

Smaller hatchlings can be purchased but I would prefer to grow them on and are 50p each.

Albino shelled & albino bodied, Normal shelled and normal bodied, Albino shelled and normal bodied available.

spinnin_tom
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  09:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is far too much money for small snails.
people struggle to give these away so have fun selling them at that price.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
465 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  19:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think you will find theres a market for the albino ones, amoungst breeders etc.

1.0.0 goins kingsnake
0.1.0 hogg island boa
1.0.0 el salvador boa
0.1.0 bearded dragon
0.1.0 leopard gecko

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000