Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

monst
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  19:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I have a californian King snake not sure how old but still quite young just trying him/her on fluffys.
It had mites when I bought her only a little but have been clear for over a week after advice from people here.
She has just become quite agressive biting and striking at me and I have had a unexpected op which isn't allowing me the time to tame him/her.
Has never been sexed so unsure will come with platic starter tank but going to keep all over equiptment as do love snakes and would like another when better.
Just not fair at the moment for him/her.
I live in essex can send pics if any one is interest just want the best for him/her

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  23:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's too soon to say your snake is over the mites as it's only been just over a week and there could still be eggs. It would be advisable to keep her for another few weeks before you sell her just to be sure so you don't risk infecting someone elses collection.

Hope you get her sold eventually though.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Edited by - deadmansfinger on 02/06/2012 23:43:26
Go to Top of Page

monst
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  07:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still treating him/her but still no sign since I got rid of the subtrate and started the spray treatment and bathing. I have only seen 3 mites the whole time of treating him/her. I wasn't looking at selling her I really just want a home for him/her if some one is prepared to take him/her on. Just not a great time at the mo got some one helping me but not sure how long for just want the best for him/her. I will continue to treat him/her though Thank you for all your advise I really do appreaciate it.

Edited by - monst on 03/06/2012 11:21:20
Go to Top of Page

monst
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2012 :  09:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
He/she has now been clear of mites for nearly 2 months and doing very well. The behavior has improved but can still be quite a little fiesty near feeding time would still like him/her to go to a good home so if anyone is interested please contact me I live in essex

Edited by - monst on 25/07/2012 09:46:44
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2012 :  13:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pity we are so far apart. I would have been happy to take care of her on a temporary basis for you and 'tame' her down until you recovered..

Hope things improve for you ASAP then you can take care of her yourself.

0.0.1 MBK : Fester
0.0.1 Florida King : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1 Californian King : Diablo Diego
1.0.0 Coastal Carpet Python : Vambo
0.0.1 Grey Rat Snake : Mirkey
0.0.3 Corn Snakes : Taggart, Woody & Blaze
0.2.0 Tarantulas : New River Red Rump. Red Chile Rose
Go to Top of Page

monst
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2012 :  17:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi it is a shame, I have been handling him/her a bit and has been getting better just seems to be near feeding time, I think the best thing is for her to go to a home that can give her the attentions she needs not even worried about money really, Going to get some pictures and put them on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000