Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2013 :  21:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I have yet another question about Cecil.

2 weeks ago when feeding Cecil his two fuzzys he kept missing them.... Diving around all over with his mouth open. I put this down to bad sight as I knew he would shed soon.

The week after he was going Into blue so I offered just one (as he has ate before in this stage). He striked and ate as norm, didnt miss at all.

Tonight after a lovely clean shed he couldn't aim for his life. He even looked passed the mouse and tweezers and lunched at me!!! I caught him on his way out of the tub expecting a bite but was lucky not to. He was lunging all over the place and missing. Once he found it it was happy and ate as normal.

I was worried before but now he's done it again and after his shed I really don't know what to think.... Any advice would be really appreciated.

He otherwise seems happy and normal.

0.0.1 California Kingsnake. Cecil
0.1.0 Spider Royal Python. Lexi

Auld Baldy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2013 :  23:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He will improve his aim with age and practice ... probably.

Just out of interest, are you using metal tweezers? If you must use tweezers, please use the plastic type. Personally I hate them and just use my fingers and twirl the mouse or rat by the tails, even for Fester and my Python. It is too easy for a mis-strike or fast coil to catch on the tweezers and cause damage.

Have a look on 'That Other Place'and check out some of my feeding mini-vids and pictures. Good fun.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26666

0.0.1 MBK : Fester
0.0.1 Florida King : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1 Californian King : Diablo Diego
1.0.0 Coastal Carpet Python : Vambo
0.0.1 Grey Rat Snake : Mirkey
0.0.3 Corn Snakes : Taggart, Woody & Blaze
0.2.0 Tarantulas : New River Red Rump. Red Chile Rose
Go to Top of Page

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2013 :  09:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awe so you don't think he's got anything wrong with him? That was my worry cos he's never missed since I got him in October... Ever.

Oh I am using metal! (long blunt ones) Thanks or the link. Think I'll just try with my fingers then and see how we go with that. He's never been close to them before with always getting it first time but with him missing it is worrying that he could injur himself. Id much rather him get my fingers!!! if and when he get me I may decide to get the plastic ones! Haha!!!

Go to Top of Page

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2013 :  09:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicola

Awe so you don't think he's got anything wrong with him? That was my worry cos he's never missed since I got him in October... Ever.

Oh I am using metal! (long blunt ones) Thanks or the link, I'll check it out when I finish work tonight :). Think I'll just try with my fingers then and see how we go with that. He's never been close to them before with always getting it first time but with him missing it is worrying that he could injur himself. Id much rather him get my fingers!!! if and when he get me I may decide to get some plastic ones! Haha!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000