Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2013 :  20:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

It's been a whole since I asked any silly questions!!!

Cecil is my 8 month old Cali king who currently feeds on 2 fuzzy mice. Usually 4-6g each. It doesn't make much of a bump in his belly any more. I can tell he had had it ur it's not that obvious. Should I up his mouse size instead of feeding 2 Fuzzys?
If I do this what am I upgrading to? My royal is on small mice that weigh 13g which looks huge compared to Cecil! 2 larger fuzzys would almost weigh this but I really don't think he can fit this size in his head!!!

I have previously read the 20% body weight rule which would be 12g. Is there a size between fuzzy and small? I normally buy from the local pet shop and can't remember their sizes!

Any suggestions?

Thanks x x

0.0.1 California Kingsnake. Cecil
0.1.0 Spider Royal Python. Lexi

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2013 :  20:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please excuse typos! It won't let me edit! Lol

Go to Top of Page

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2013 :  14:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's more 10-15% of body weight but it's maybe easier just feeding a mouse 1 - 1.5 times the width of the widest part of his body. You can get large fuzzies which are inbetween fuzzies and smalls. If you can't get large fuzzies just stick to 2 normal fuzzies until he's big enough to take a small mouse. I have a young cali who is eating 2 fuzzies a week but there is no way she could take a small mouse just now so I plan on continuing feeding her this way until she's big enough for a small mouse, no rush though.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Go to Top of Page

Nicola
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2013 :  11:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awe thank you so much, I must have got mixed up with that... Didn't think I could be underdressing him on two!
I'll ask for large fuzzys then cos I do get a mix sometimes they can be quite small. I agree, No rush needed. He's growing fast enough as it is too!! X x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000