The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 baby MBK making weird noises?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dallasfan Posted - 26/08/2010 : 04:25:16
Hey everyone I received a baby MBK about a month ago. Whenever I'm handling her she makes this weird sounds? Can't really describe the sound, it's kinda like a hiccup i guess? what does this mean?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dallasfan Posted - 02/09/2010 : 18:23:56
Ok good news everyone! I held her for a little bit and she is not making any of those weird noises anymore! Thanks for the support!
dallasfan Posted - 01/09/2010 : 05:27:08
Ok so she just finished shedding. I removed the shedded skin from the cage but I didn't handle her. Tomorrow I'll check and see if she's still making the noises.
bluerain Posted - 30/08/2010 : 05:15:10
Lol!!
Well we wouldnt want to make it too easy for you guys now would we???
lee2308 Posted - 29/08/2010 : 21:29:44
quote:
Originally posted by Triangulum

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

[quote]Originally posted by bluerain

,you women want everything straight away lol

You won't win Lee.

Scott

i never do were women are concerned
Triangulum Posted - 29/08/2010 : 18:42:59
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

[quote]Originally posted by bluerain

,you women want everything straight away lol

You won't win Lee.

Scott
lee2308 Posted - 29/08/2010 : 14:20:46
quote:
Originally posted by bluerain

The guys seem to be busy so ill try to help out!

it was only 6 minute between posts,you women want everything straight away lol,as bluerain said just raise the humidity,i just move the water bowl to the warm end.
dallasfan Posted - 29/08/2010 : 07:38:58
ok thanks for the info bluerain! I will keep everyone updated.
bluerain Posted - 28/08/2010 : 19:17:50
The guys seem to be busy so ill try to help out!
If she doesnt have the start of an RI, and is comming into a shed id leave your temps as they were.
You can give her a damp hide to aid her shed, just a tupperware box full of sphagnum moss with an entry hole big enough for your snake cut or melted into it.
Place it near the warm end, to raise the humidity, but not directly on the heat mat as it will only dry up!. You can also give her a bigger water bowl and move it nearer the heat too.
Kings dont usually have trouble with their sheds tho, so i reckon you"ll be good!
dallasfan Posted - 28/08/2010 : 19:11:55
Ok I took a look into the cage and turns out she's in shed. She has that blueish grey eye coloring. So should I still raise up the temps? Also what should I do in order to aid her in shedding? Should I put in a shed box or something?
theonlydarrenever Posted - 28/08/2010 : 09:32:42
just a thought if it's not an ri - is the snake coming up to shed? my royal and my corn used to to this when they were young just before shedding?
Triangulum Posted - 27/08/2010 : 15:18:07
Hi buddy,

I wouldn't raise it anymore then 3-4 degrees celcius. It could not be RI at all, but I'd raise the temp for a few days, and see if it's made a difference. Let us know how you get on.

Scott
dallasfan Posted - 27/08/2010 : 14:12:24
Triangulum, Thanks for the reply. The noise she's making sounds like when your nose is stuffed up and you breathe in? It's hard to tell if she's weezing or not. When I get home from college I will raise the temps. What's a safe temp to raise it to?
Triangulum Posted - 27/08/2010 : 11:55:59
Is it like Weezing noises too? Could be a slight hint of Respiratory Infection, Nothing to worry about though. Simply raising the temperature and lowering the humidity usually turns it around.

Scott

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000