New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dallasfan
Snake Mite

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  04:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone I received a baby MBK about a month ago. Whenever I'm handling her she makes this weird sounds? Can't really describe the sound, it's kinda like a hiccup i guess? what does this mean?

Triangulum

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  11:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it like Weezing noises too? Could be a slight hint of Respiratory Infection, Nothing to worry about though. Simply raising the temperature and lowering the humidity usually turns it around.

Scott

Go to Top of Page

dallasfan
Snake Mite

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  14:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Triangulum, Thanks for the reply. The noise she's making sounds like when your nose is stuffed up and you breathe in? It's hard to tell if she's weezing or not. When I get home from college I will raise the temps. What's a safe temp to raise it to?
Go to Top of Page

Triangulum

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  15:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi buddy,

I wouldn't raise it anymore then 3-4 degrees celcius. It could not be RI at all, but I'd raise the temp for a few days, and see if it's made a difference. Let us know how you get on.

Scott

Go to Top of Page

theonlydarrenever
Hatchling

129 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  09:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just a thought if it's not an ri - is the snake coming up to shed? my royal and my corn used to to this when they were young just before shedding?

1.1.0 - honduran milk snake
1.0.1 - royal python
0.0.1 - carolina corn snake

Go to Top of Page

dallasfan
Snake Mite

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  19:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I took a look into the cage and turns out she's in shed. She has that blueish grey eye coloring. So should I still raise up the temps? Also what should I do in order to aid her in shedding? Should I put in a shed box or something?
Go to Top of Page

bluerain
Hatchling

United Kingdom
270 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  19:17:50  Show Profile  Click to see bluerain's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The guys seem to be busy so ill try to help out!
If she doesnt have the start of an RI, and is comming into a shed id leave your temps as they were.
You can give her a damp hide to aid her shed, just a tupperware box full of sphagnum moss with an entry hole big enough for your snake cut or melted into it.
Place it near the warm end, to raise the humidity, but not directly on the heat mat as it will only dry up!. You can also give her a bigger water bowl and move it nearer the heat too.
Kings dont usually have trouble with their sheds tho, so i reckon you"ll be good!

Lots of Milks!! Few Royals, corns, Rosie Boas and Childrens Pythons. One Bci, and one Irian Jaya Carpet!
Go to Top of Page

dallasfan
Snake Mite

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  07:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks for the info bluerain! I will keep everyone updated.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  14:20:46  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bluerain

The guys seem to be busy so ill try to help out!

it was only 6 minute between posts,you women want everything straight away lol,as bluerain said just raise the humidity,i just move the water bowl to the warm end.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Triangulum

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  18:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

[quote]Originally posted by bluerain

,you women want everything straight away lol

You won't win Lee.

Scott

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  21:29:44  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triangulum

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

[quote]Originally posted by bluerain

,you women want everything straight away lol

You won't win Lee.

Scott

i never do were women are concerned

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

bluerain
Hatchling

United Kingdom
270 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2010 :  05:15:10  Show Profile  Click to see bluerain's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol!!
Well we wouldnt want to make it too easy for you guys now would we???

Lots of Milks!! Few Royals, corns, Rosie Boas and Childrens Pythons. One Bci, and one Irian Jaya Carpet!
Go to Top of Page

dallasfan
Snake Mite

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  05:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so she just finished shedding. I removed the shedded skin from the cage but I didn't handle her. Tomorrow I'll check and see if she's still making the noises.
Go to Top of Page

dallasfan
Snake Mite

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  18:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok good news everyone! I held her for a little bit and she is not making any of those weird noises anymore! Thanks for the support!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000