New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  19:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do kings digest faster than corns? when my corns have eaten I stick to the no handling for 48hrs rule, and usually won't see them much during this time anyway.
spot was fed last night, and she's knocking on the glass with her nose tonight, asking to come out...

she's CBo6, about 4 and half ft, and had a small and a large mouse last night- her mat has been staedy at 32 C- could she had digested enough to come out for her nightly nosey round the house?

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  19:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
our kings just dont hide away, but dont think they digest any quicker as they all go toilet about the same time

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Egg

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  20:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx for speedy reply gmac-
-so I'll leave her in there tonight then- even though she's doing her most plaintive "I'm bo-o-o-ored" face at me through the viv door......
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  20:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup, same as corns 48 hours hands off ;)

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
Hatchling

United Kingdom
432 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  17:03:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They always do the can I play face even when they have had more than enough food lol!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  19:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even when I fed my albino cali a rat weaner he didn't hide away. He just carried on looking for more food.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Go to Top of Page

johnnymachine
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2012 :  02:20:09  Show Profile  Click to see johnnymachine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a food related question, or more feeding-related. I've noticed my king's started getting a little nippy when I stick my hands in his viv, and when it's feeding time he doesn't care which end of the tongs he strikes at, so obviously it's probably a good idea to stop viv-feeding him and get him a separate box for that. My question is how do I get him back from the feeding box to his viv? I mean, is it the one time it's ok to handle them within 48 hours of feeding?

johnnymachine - LEICESTER, UK

0.0.1 Desert Kingsnake

Go to Top of Page

deadmansfinger

United Kingdom
597 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2012 :  12:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's fine to handle him to put him quickly back in his viv. Thing is they are still in feeding mode and may give you a nip. Some of mine I can easily lift back in, others get gently tipped back in. If you use a small feeding tub is easy to get this back inside their viv and let them crawl out.

1.0 Milksnake
3.3 Kingsnakes
1.1 Royal Python
1.2 Cornsnakes

Edited by - deadmansfinger on 28/04/2012 12:30:36
Go to Top of Page

johnnymachine
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2012 :  05:47:51  Show Profile  Click to see johnnymachine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was going to use a cardboard box with paper put down in it :P

johnnymachine - LEICESTER, UK

0.0.1 Desert Kingsnake

Go to Top of Page

basilsmum
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  11:19:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys I have a quick question. Basil's still on Rat pups and I've bought some small mouse fuzzies for him. Should I gradually introduce him to the fuzzies every other week or feed them to him straight away (He gets fed every Saturday at the mo). The rat pups seem to disappear quite quickly and don't leave a noticeable bulge like they used to do. Any advice would be good.
Hope you and all ur snakeys are well and behaving themselves lol x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000