Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 Can my 75watt 120volt heat lamp burn my kingsnake?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dl152567
Snake Mite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  05:27:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there i have a flukers 75watt 120volt infrared heating lamp for my cali king snake i am interested in having it on over night since it gets pretty cold these rainy nights but my only consern is it hangs maybe half a foot over my cali king can this burn or damage my snake in any way? like is there a possibility it can burn her? or am i being paranoid? sorry again if this question sounds stupid i just really really dont want to hurt my baby i lover her very much :)

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  11:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you are not using a lamp guard yes your snake could get burned. I would suggest getting a light gaurd and then there is no worries

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

dl152567
Snake Mite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  01:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thnx mate i was very worried because she was in a 5gal tank and the light was very very close to her i went out today bought her a 30gal tank with a heat lamp protector at my local pet shop aka elliots pets lol and i am wondering is it cool to have a heat lamp on her 24/7? i have a infrared light the 75 watt just curious? i dont want to disrupt her sleeping patterns
Go to Top of Page

johnnymachine
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  16:28:29  Show Profile  Click to see johnnymachine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have mine on 24/7 but I usually turn it down a notch, about 5 degrees c, at night time. Then I turn it back up when I wake up in the morning. Seems to keep him happy.

Of course, ceramic bulbs are wonderful for a 24/7 heat source too.

johnnymachine - LEICESTER, UK

0.0.1 Desert Kingsnake

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
Hatchling

United Kingdom
432 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  12:26:52  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Heat lamp long as is guarded and statted is fine on 24/7

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000