Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

james
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  18:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long time no speak.

Had my Florida King, Indiana, for just under 3 years now and feel pretty comfortable about how 'Kings' tick.

I just want to seek clarification on where to measure the heat from his bulb? I have always had it set up with the thermostat directly under the lamp and temp at just under 90f. He also has a heat mat just beside the lamp, both at the hot end, and this is set at a steady 78f.

I turn off the light at night, but Indie has the mat if he wants to gets some heat if it gets cold.

I question my set up because I recently learnt from a respected reptile pet store, that it is best to regulate the lamp by having the thermostat in the middle of the viv. The temp here, I have been advised, should get up to 84f, which means that the area directly under the lamp will probably get to 95f or so.

Thus, the reason for my question of where best to measure the temp of the lamp? Do I continue as I have been with the thermostat under the lamp or change and measure from the middle of the viv keeping a constant 84f?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000